It took a week for the sun to come out in London, but sounds like I need to be grateful we aren't getting the torrential rain hitting Brisbane right now. Our first weekend back was good fun. Bulli and I went to our dining room away from home, the Cumberland Arms, for a catch up with Ants, Julz and Dylan. Was great to see everyone - delicious sea bream with chorizo and scallops by the way. Love the gastropub.
Saturday was lunch at Borough Markets with Jenny and Josie. Was great being in a restaurant amongst the buzz of Borough markets, then it was over to Leytonstone to Ben and Ara's. Ben and Ara cooked up a storm and we enjoyed having a laugh at Eurovision. Personally I liked Germany's entry! They hardly got any votes!
We ended up staying at Ben and Ara's cos I think I was still jetlagged, and Sunday we headed back to South West London - via the Olympic site actually due to transport issues. Sunday afternoon it was back to my favourite dining room again, this time with Yvette. So although I was maybe still feeling a little sad to have left Oz, I felt lucky to have such nice friends to spend time with over here. Also have a some nice trips to look forward to as we have been busy scouting cheap deals - Paris and Cinque Terre, Italy are all booked in. I love researching trips.
3 comments:
Well I will try again to leave a comment!
Yes Renee "HILLS DO BUILD CHARACTER!" All looks lovely Shame you were sooo cold!
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Must have left in on the wrong page!!
See how are you going to enjoy Gastropubs in Bris - enjoy while you can.
Post a Comment